Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unregistered people

Go down 
+2
Rusty Batch
Patfan100
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Patfan100
Admin

Unregistered people Empty
PostSubject: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Where are the other 3 users?

I think if they arent up by wednesday, we should re-open the 3 spots
Back to top Go down
https://mlb2k8league.forumotion.com
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:29 pm

those three, plus there are at least 2 guys who havent even posted yet, and the dude who cant afford to buy the game. that is like 6 openings
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:35 pm

thats a lot of spots this close to the draft
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:47 am

well i just looked at the member list again and counting the three unregistered players, the other three that are registered but have yet to post, and goopaluchie (who cant afford the game) that leaves (at this time) 7 players we need to fill. personally i dont think that will be too tough to fill. the problem will be filling them with quality managers. I think what we have to do is create another main topic thing on this website. that says "important managers must sign in here" or something along those lines. and the very first post should list the exact draft time and date, the new league rules and a link to wherever the draft is. then each manager should have to sign in before wednesday at midnight and commit to be at the draft or if they cant make it, they should have to write down that they are ok with missing the draft and that they understand that they will play through the season regardless of what their cpu picked team looks like.
the other thing i think that we should scrap is the idea of playing the season along with the real mlb season, (even though i agree it would be cool) because i think we have a much better chance of getting the most games played by each manager if they are allowed to start playing games right away and allowed to play a loose schedule. It is just way more practical. we really need to make sure that the guys that are in this league, are involved from the start and dont have a reason to get involved with another league and forget about ours when it starts a month from now.
Lastly i think the main way we should recrute additional spots is by playing matches the first couple days online and asking some of the guys we are playing against if they would like to join the leagues. And i think the guys who have been most active on this website should try and get a couple guys each by friday or so. I dont think it would be too hard. we just have to put a little effort in. please respond guys.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 am

I agree with you that the games should not have to be played at exactly the same time as the mlb schedule but i think that in order to see who is still active in the league they must be done with at least half of thier games by the all-star break and all of thier games by the end of the season. I think instead of having another post made somewhere the commish (if possible) should delete all of the posts and just start over with only the final rules for the league with the draft time and the website link for us to connect to. That way we can get rid of all the useless posts here that we dont need. Its starting to get like a maze in here. I must admit that i am a big part of that. Anyways, as far as recruiting i think that it is possible but maybe not plausable to have the enitre league filled by WED. I would leave it up to the commish as to how to handle this situation. I would suggest that the commish email or message the people who have not registered for the league....give them a day to sign in, if they dont, block them from the league and give theier team up to someone who is willing to participate. I think by playing practice games online we should be able to bring some people over to the league.

I think that takes care of all the things you were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 am

yeah pretty much.
And i agree that getting rid of all the posts would be a aolid idea also. and again agree with your schedule of when games should be played by. i was just saying that games could be played immiediately following the draft. wait what dont i agree with you on...
oh i was saying that the guys who have not registered and posted by wednesday night their spots are open. than sometime between thursday and saturday we need to fill however many spots there are.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:56 am

oh and just looking at the memberlist again... im guessing there are only about 18 solid managers here. thats why i am kinda stressing about revamping our signup policy so when someone signs up they can see all of the rules and the draft date right there. we dont have to hope they are checking out all of the other posts to get important info. i think to really get this league running we are probably going to have to scrap about eight teams that have already posted once and are registered along with the other 7 guys i mentioned. but i really hope not.
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:22 pm

ill make a new topic to see what people are paying attention
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:43 pm

if theres an opening i have my other friend who wants to join so just tell me when u need him
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:28 pm

well he should be able to take goopaloochies spot at the very least
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:37 pm

hey yea hes going to register now
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:46 pm

i thjink we should just go with 20 or how many ever comitted members instead of 30 with 10 not really into it
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:17 pm

your the boss. just make sure that you split it up so the AL and NL have the same amount of teams
Back to top Go down
Weapon X 90

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 pm

im joba's friend....what teams are left? I'll do it if you need another person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unregistered people   Unregistered people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unregistered people
Page 1 of 1