Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules for the league

Go down 
+9
PlayAtThePlate
Krj122
Bill23
Who's Cartwright?
UltimateAvgGuy
jerkypatty
DiehardYankee26
Rusty Batch
Patfan100
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Patfan100
Admin

Rules for the league Empty
PostSubject: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:05 pm

I am starting a brand new league for the MLB 2k8 game. This will be my first league so I will be looking for a co-commissioner so before people add the team they want I want to find someone to help me run the league. I have stated previously in the title that this will be a fantasy draft league and I do this becuase when the league is almost filled it is not fair to stick someone with a really bad team. The fantasy draft will be held on the league website and not the forums so I will need some help arranging that. The team I want to use is the Yankees so they are taken. The league will contain all 30 teams and be played over the entire 162 game season. I plan to gain some success with this league so this will be a keeper league that will take place over the next couple of years or at least until people get sick of the players they have and we can have a new draft. I am very devoted and will put as much time as needed into the league. join if you are a true baseball fan and plan on having fun this new baseball season. The rules are as follows:

1. Trades- The trades will not be under administer approval but will instead be given a league vote. The trade will need at least 20 teams to approve it and the trade deadline will be the same day as in the baseball season(for players rated 80 or above meaning only prospects can be traded after the trade deadline).

2. Season- The season will be as stated earlier 162 games with all 30 teams. The schedule will be placed on the league website a week prior to the games and sent to all league members through Xbox Live. The games will not need to be played on that schedule, but must be done by the beginning of the next week of the corresponding game. it will be under the responsibility of the managers of the teams to schedule the time they will play the game. IMPORTANT- ANY TEAM PLAYING LESS THAN 140 GAMES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED FROM PLAYOFFS.

3. Beginning- The season will begin on opening day.

All other rules are based directly off of major league baseball(strikes and balls can be thrown at any time, dh played at AL ballparks). This league is SWING STICK ONLY and the right analog stick pitching system MUST BE USED AT ALL TIMES. Because the game comes out a month before the season starts, all managers should have plenty of time to get used to the new control scheme. Only join this league if you are truly devoted and want to have a lot of fun. REMEMBER- THE YANKEES ARE TAKEN. Thanks for considering this league as yours for the 2008 season.
Back to top Go down
https://mlb2k8league.forumotion.com
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Hope u dont mind if i throw a couple rule suggestions in the hat.

1.) I think we should really consider enforcing a pitching rotation and a couple rules on how each manager needs to manage his staff. Mainly i think we need to have a four or five man rotation where each pitcher gets the same number of starts. Second i think we should limit relief appearances to relievers only.

2.) Offensively i think we should only allow hitters to play the defensive position they qualify for. For example if you happen to draft Jeter and Tejada you shouldnt be able to move Tejada to second. Unless the game already enforces some kind of penalty for doing this.

Just a couple of suggestions to have the game play more like real baseball. I think the pitching rotation is really important, the offensive rule is just soomething to think about.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:35 pm

We don't mind if people throw in their suggestions. That is what the topic is for. So that everyone in the league is satisfied and involved in the important topics in the league.

1. You are right on the rotation thing. All of the teams in the league will have to have a legitimate 5 man pitching rotation. This is mainly because if your ace gets injured in April, noone can complain that their entire season is shot. A five man rotation will need to be submitted to the league forum after the draft so that people can play the season in the most realistic way possible and so that everyone has a fair chance to practice against the pitcher. As for the only relievers can relieve thing, this is valid UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN. In the playoffs when one game can send you home, you may use your starters as relievers at your own risk because if you wear them out they will still need 4 days to recuperate so I wouldn't recommend that. I only say this because I have seen starting pitchers be used as relievers in the playoffs. And because this is a close to sim league, we will play it this way.

2. All offensive players must play their defensive positions. For the example, you could put Jeter at short and Tejada at dh if you are in the AL and if you are in the NL, you can switch back and forth to give them a good amount of rest. THE ONLY TIME WHEN A PLAYER CAN PLAY ANOTHER POSITION IS IF THEY HAVE PLAYED THAT POSITION BEFORE. The example would be Alex Rodriguez can play third base and short stop because he has played both positions in real life. We can take a league vote on both of these. Everybody should weigh in on these. Just put:

1. Agree
2. Agree

for the vote. Weigh in on these. The majority will win. Voting ends March 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:50 pm

1.) agree
2.) agree (just wondering how we will determine which positions a player qualifies for... maybe commish puts a list together.)
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:52 pm

I think there is a list of eligibility on my yahoo fantasy baseball site
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:00 pm

thats what i was thinking too. but arod wont qualify at ss on yahoo. which to be honest makes sense cause he hasnt played there in four years.
Back to top Go down
jerkypatty

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:10 pm

1. agree
2. agree
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:38 am

The more i think about it, the more i want to make a rule that starters should only be allowed to play the position they were drafted at. mostly because i think it makes for a much more strategic and realistic draft. If we start looking at where a player could play if they had to, or where they have played before (arod at ss) I think we start to get into a lot of gray area. for example almost every outfielder either has played all three outfield positions before or could play them if needed. same with middle infielders and to an extent first and third. and in order to qualify at a position on yahoo you only need to play like 15 games at that position. so you get guys like chone figgins who qualifies everywhere.
If we just stick to the spot where 2k sports has the players playing it adds alot more value to guys like chase utley. And gives a much better chance to a team with a late pick who is drafting smart.
I do however think that bench players should be able to come in and play more positions or if you have a guy that gets injured you should be able to fill that spot with a player who plays a similar position. (not sure how injuries work in a legue like this)
Anyways sorry to keep posting my opinions (im just really excited about this league!) Not trying to step on the commishs toes. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:37 am

1. agree

2.agree

I'm all for realism, I just hope that this league really gets off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 am

you and me both ULTIMATE
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:45 am

Yeah I am looking at the yahoo list of eligibility and I think that would work best. A-Rod hasn't played shortstop since he played for Texas and will never play shortstop again. He will be drafted as a third baseman and play as a third baseman. With this being said, we will use the fantasy baseball eligibility list EXACTLY. And only outfielders can play any of the outfield positions unless they can play the infield like chone figgins. Here is the link to the eligibility list: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/80374/positioneligibility?sort=P&count=25. This is the list that we will be following.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:13 pm

i dont know about this list for one, it doesnt even have a left center or right field. i mean no way should you be able to put man ram at center field.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:50 pm

I dont know if we should follow the list of position eligability. If someone wants to have Manny in center field let them. Its up to them to have a guy like that cover all that ground. I think its fine to have a-rod a short if you want him there. What about Guillin for deroit? Does he have 1st base eligability? He will be there for the whole season this year. Also Nomar can play short third and first is he eligable for all those positions?
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:56 pm

also.....how would you be able to control what other teams do with thier team? If someone wants to put manny in center how do you stop it? In the game you can put any player anywhere, so how do you stop it in our league?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:54 pm

I think the commish could make a rule that just does not allow players to play out of their positions. obviously someone could break it but i think on good faith alone nobody would. anyways if the commish wants to keep yahoo position eligibility, im pretty sure yahoo has outfield eligibility also, you just have to make a league that has LF, CF, RF. instead of OF, OF, OF. so maybe as a happy medium we do it that way. ill try and make a yahoo league and see if that works.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/126342/positioneligibility

yeah here is the position eligibility on yahoo that has all three OF positions. i still think it would be best to go with the video game because that is just more clear and fair to teams picking late. but if you guys would rather do it this way at least this one seperates outfiled positions. i guess if there is a conflict where a player in the video game does not happen to qualify on yahoo we would just add his video game position to the list.
if you look at this link it does it in order of yahoo rankings which gives you a better idea where the best players qualify.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/126342/players
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 pm

I think Outfielders should be able to play any of the outfield positions, beacuse if you have the 30th pick your may not get a true leftfielder but you may be able to get an outfielder that you can put in leftfield. But the infield players should stick to thier positions. Arod has to play third, Nomar can play third or first, figgins can play all his positons........things of that nature.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:19 pm

cartwright

i think your wrong that it gives a disadvantage to players picking later in the first round. because the top 4 picks are going to be all the best players rated 96 and above. the late round picks are going to be guys around 90 where there is a log jam. if you can use that pick to take the best available at a position... yeah u might not have a stud but the guy who picked vlad can not take a RF any more and the guy who picks man ram cant take a lf and you might be sitting there with better overall depth on your roster.
in addition if the point of this league is to be as realistic as possible do u really want to be going against teams where manny is playing RF or vlad is playing CF. I think that some of those things would look ridiculous.
anyways this whole discussion might be moot if the game enforces a defensive penalty when switching positions. and i know some games do so i wouldnt be surprised if this one did too.
it is definately nice to have discussions about the rules and stuff cause it shows promise that some of us in the league are definately going to be involved throughout the season. anyways thanks for the feedback cartwright
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:30 pm

Yeah i think you may be right. Good call. I guess there has to be enough players to fill all the positions no matter what. So its up to the person doing the drafting to decide what positions are imortant to them since they may not have another pick for 58 turns if they cose first.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Agree

Agree
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:44 pm

yeah i think that is probably best hope the rest of the guys agree.

Are you guys able to go to that link i provided on yahoo? just curious because i created a private league to show which players would qualify in positions. was just thinking maybe you guys cant use that link because its a private league.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 am

nope......cant get in
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 am

i made a new topic under rules that has the position eligibility for all offensive players according to yahoo. you should be able to see it there.
Back to top Go down
Bill23

Bill23

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:17 pm

1.) Agree

2.) Disagree

For the second one i think that it should apply only for the infield. In my opinion any outfielder can play all 3 outfield positions.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:52 pm

the outfielders that do play more than one position have eligibility for the ones they have played. Fact is most of the best outfielers play a distinct outfield position and always have. there are differences between lf, rf, cf. i think we need to recognize that in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for the league
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next