Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

games for the season

Go down 
+4
Who's Cartwright?
DiehardYankee26
Rusty Batch
jobac62
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jobac62

games for the season Empty
PostSubject: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:12 am

the commish has asked me to ask everyone about this but once we start playing the games until school is over wud every1 be fine if people wud have to reschedule games since for me i am not allowed to play during weekdays because of school so jus reply wether or not ud mind rescheduling games for the weekend
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 am

Im not a hundred percent sure what you are asking. but if it is just to reschedule games with you for the weekend i dont have a problem with that. i think most people here are going to have to have a loose schedule anyways.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:35 am

I wouldn't mind scheduling games on the weekend either because a lot of people are probably going to want to play on the weekend anyway.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 pm

I would'nt mind playing games against YOU on the weekends or anyone else that needs to play on the weekends. But overall i would rather play games during the week. Im usually pretty busy during the weekends.
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:44 pm

This is why I'm not fond of playing leagues with little kids.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Agreed. But as long as everyone does'nt have to play on the weekend it should be fine. Otherwise all our weekends will consist of playing this game and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:16 pm

UltimateAvgGuy wrote:

First of all there is a difference between a little kid and someone who is in high school. So before you go all foaming at the mouth and crap like that, you need to realize that he is not a little kid. Next, what difference does it make that he can't play during the week. If you had to work nights and everybody else played during the day, you would want to have some kind of system too.
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:09 pm

DiehardYankee26 wrote:
UltimateAvgGuy wrote:

First of all there is a difference between a little kid and someone who is in high school. So before you go all foaming at the mouth and crap like that, you need to realize that he is not a little kid. Next, what difference does it make that he can't play during the week. If you had to work nights and everybody else played during the day, you would want to have some kind of system too.

Point taken, I apologize. I just get worried when I read that he's not ALLOWED to play. I just really want this league to be successful, I need stress relief from my job.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:14 pm

UltimateAvgGuy wrote:
DiehardYankee26 wrote:
UltimateAvgGuy wrote:

Point taken, I apologize. I just get worried when I read that he's not ALLOWED to play. I just really want this league to be successful, I need stress relief from my job.

I do understand where you are coming from and it made me think about something. If he can't play on weekdays, are you sure you are going to have time to play 5 games on average in 2 days and be able to schedule them so that the other person can play as well. Or are you going to put off those games until the summer time. That is still risky so I guess I just want to know how exactly you are going to schedule 162 games over 7 months with about 2 and a half months worth of days gone from the april,, may, and june weekdays gone?
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:22 pm

A lot of people will say they WANT to be in a league, but when it comes to the dedication of actually PLAYING that league, they change their mind quickly. When I hear about being ALLOWED to play, I get concerned about that. He only gets two days a week, but is just going to want to play league games of MLB 2K8 all weekend? I highly doubt it. We need people who are FLEXIBLE, and can commit to the league. Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:56 pm

avg guy
i agree but the fact that the kid posted on this website and is already signed up and everything, probably means we have a much better chance with him playing out the season than the other half of the league who is nowhere to be seen. im more worried about the other half. it wouldnt really be too hard to play five or six games over a weekend.
Back to top Go down
RobertTheGr8

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:39 pm

im flexible with games, i work in the office nine to five monday through friday
Back to top Go down
Krj122

Krj122

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm

I work 7 to 5 So i am free basically any nights. Hopefully wont have to play games on Friday or Saturday nights though. But I will if neccessary
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:19 pm

DiehardYankee26 wrote:
UltimateAvgGuy wrote:
DiehardYankee26 wrote:
UltimateAvgGuy wrote:

I do understand where you are coming from and it made me think about something. If he can't play on weekdays, are you sure you are going to have time to play 5 games on average in 2 days and be able to schedule them so that the other person can play as well. Or are you going to put off those games until the summer time. That is still risky so I guess I just want to know how exactly you are going to schedule 162 games over 7 months with about 2 and a half months worth of days gone from the april,, may, and june weekdays gone?

The season starts in April and if he can play on weekends you have to beileve he can get at least 4 games a weekend through June.

Stay close it's math time....

4 weeks in a month means 4 weekends

and thats a 3 month span from April to June

so 4x3=12x4games= 48 games on weekends through those 3 months.

Not to mention theres spring break, memorial day, AND fridays ... so lets say 2 games a day over those 23 days.. thats another 46 games

46+48= 94

and that would leave about 72 games give or take a few over the summer

and our vacation is 90 days... so he should get all 162 pretty easily
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

with everyones comments the reason i asked this quesiton is because "diehardyankee1" asked me to in an email since i asked him. now the reason im not avaible during the week is due to highschool baseball not work but during baseball season i get home at least at 6 everyday and then i have hw so its not caz im a little kid so yea
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:22 pm

yes playattheplate is correct caz hes my friend so he knows my schedule and stuff so basically i definitely will be able to play during this season and i am definitely FULLY committed to this league its my first baseball season wit xbox so im excited and i cannot wait till this starts
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I don't think it would be a problem. In regards to Rusty Batch, I do agree that it isn't hard to play 5 games on the weekend. I do it all the time for franchise mode. In regards to play at the plate, I don't know if it was serious enough to bring math into it but it does make sense what you said and for this reason you probably are correct. I think it would be very easy to pull off.
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:31 pm

yea for sure
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:45 pm

and also i was just told that i might be able (not for sure) but maybe be able to play one or two games during a week jus not everyday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: games for the season   games for the season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

games for the season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League :: League Discussion-
Jump to: