Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rules for the league

Go down 
+9
PlayAtThePlate
Krj122
Bill23
Who's Cartwright?
UltimateAvgGuy
jerkypatty
DiehardYankee26
Rusty Batch
Patfan100
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill23

Bill23

Rules for the league - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 pm

The only difference between positions in the outfield is how far the fence is and which cut off man to throw to. Besides that just about every outfielder could potentially play every outfield postion. Now there are some outfielders who lack the speed for Centerfield being that its the longest part in every ballpark but that should be left up to owner of the team. If there is say 5 leftfielders with an 80 rating or above left in the draft and no player above a 70 for centerfield what do you expect owners to do take the worse player, obviously they should have drafted better but they should still be able to pick who they want and position them where they want.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:56 pm

well i think owners should suffer a penalty for drafting poorly. Also i think we are trying to make a realistic baseball league where players play in positions that they do in real life. And there are differences between OF positions you need a better arm in right, you need to cover more ground in center, you dont need a great arm in left. This is why the top guys always play the same position. But most important it really takes a ton of strategy out of the draft. the only people who should want just one OF position would be the guys who dont want to think throughout the draft and just take the best available instead of being position specific. So in effect it just makes where you pick more important than how you pick. i would much rather my team have an edge on someone elses team because i picked smart than because i had a high pick.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Also if you look at the position eligibility thing i made, you will start to notice that the farther down the list you go the more the outfielder begin to qualify at other of positions. Meaning if you need a cf in the high 70's most likely you can find one that qualifies from LF or RF.
Back to top Go down
Krj122

Krj122

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I Feel that OF should be able to play any OF position. That is my vote. Infielders should stay true to their positions
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:08 pm

The way the MLB 2k series does its player attributes is you have a certain ranking for each poisition

so let's say I have Jose Reyes.

He will have a rank of like 98 out of 100 at shortstop but a ranking of like a 50 in centerfield

so if i wanna put reyes in centerfield i can, but his defense will suffer from it

so i doubt this outfield thing being a problem.
if some guy wants to stick players out of position their defense will suffer from it

and on the contrary i think it puts more strategy in it... let's say im drafting and i take Hideki Matsui as a LF, but Moises Alou is still there in the next round

do i take alou even though hes a LF and stick him in RF and let my defense suffer or do i value his hitting that much
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:20 pm

I agree with play at the plate( even though I don't know if they are in the league or not). If they want to play the player out of position because they have an opening than they should be able to. What if you draft vlad, ken griffey jr, hideki matsui, and andruw jones. If matsui gets hurt, ken griffey jr may need to come off the bench and play left. His defense will not be as good and he will suffer for it. Most outfielders can play all outfield positions anyway. Like Melky cabrera has played all 3 positions just last season.
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:41 pm

i feel we shud add a four man pitching rotation this will mean u must pitch a certain i have experienced so many times players bringing in a startign pitcher as a reliever or if we have a rematch they use the same pitcher i feel we make this leageu as real as possible
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:46 pm

PlayAtThePlate

thats what i was thinking the game might do. in that case i dont have any problem with making OF one big position.... as long as the game eforces a penalty for playing different positions. However we still need to figure out what we are going to do with the infield. personally i would rather just have each infielder only be allowed to play one position (the one the game places them at) i think it just eliminates the gray area and simplifies the whole process. but if you guys want to go with yahoo eligibility im down with that also (it does confuse things alot however.) i think it would make a lot of sense to go with either one of these ways, but allow players to come off the bench and play multiple infield positions or in case of an injury.
thanks for the info PlayAtThePlate!

jobac62
we already added a five man rotation rule and a rule that said only relievers can make relief appearances (until the playoffs)
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Rusty Batch wrote:
PlayAtThePlate

thats what i was thinking the game might do. in that case i dont have any problem with making OF one big position.... as long as the game eforces a penalty for playing different positions. However we still need to figure out what we are going to do with the infield. personally i would rather just have each infielder only be allowed to play one position (the one the game places them at) i think it just eliminates the gray area and simplifies the whole process. but if you guys want to go with yahoo eligibility im down with that also (it does confuse things alot however.) i think it would make a lot of sense to go with either one of these ways, but allow players to come off the bench and play multiple infield positions or in case of an injury.
thanks for the info PlayAtThePlate!

jobac62
we already added a five man rotation rule and a rule that said only relievers can make relief appearances (until the playoffs)

i think its the same ranking system with infielders

you have 1 position that is the players best position and they have different rankings for every other position

so let's take a guy like Reyes who is an ex-second baseman

he probably has a 98 ranking at ss, a 84 at 2b, a 45 at 1b, and like a 60 at 3b.

so if you really wanna put your best team out there you'll put him at short stop but he could play the other posiitions, just not very good

and with guys who have multiple positions on Yahoo like a utility player like a Marlon Anderson, he has high ratings at multiple positions

so hell have a 94 at 2b, a 86 at 1b, a 86 in RF etc. so he can play multiple positions without killing your team but a guy like Carlos Delgado would kill you anywhere but his main position
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:08 pm

rusty batch

ok that sounds good
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm

PlayAtThePlate

I still think starting infielders should be limited by the positions they play in the game. just for the sake of the draft. and for the overall feel of the game. id like the experience to be as close to the mlb as possible
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm

it also promotes trades throughout the season when certain teams have a weakness in the infield.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

I think we should just keep it simple......go with the yahoo eligibility, there will be enough players to fill every position. Ok so you dont have a Chase Utley at second base but the tradeoff is that you have a Manny in LF. You draft in order of what you think are the most important positions to fill. If you want a steller double play combo then draft that way. If you want speed in the outfield then draft that way. We cant just have everyone playing all kinds of positions to make our teams a living hall of fame team. If they are eligible to play that position they can......otherwise they cant.
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Rusty Batch wrote:
PlayAtThePlate

I still think starting infielders should be limited by the positions they play in the game. just for the sake of the draft. and for the overall feel of the game. id like the experience to be as close to the mlb as possible

i agree, but im just saying thats how the game would rate the players

but for the most part, i think people know enough about baseball here and arent goiing to pull out any loopy ideas of Arod playing first and etc.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Who's Cartwright?
im with you but it just seems like we are alone on this.
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Rusty Batch wrote:
Who's Cartwright?
im with you but it just seems like we are alone on this.

i like it
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Not to contradict my last post...
because i believe i am with whoscartwright. but one last time i am going to push for keeping the players to where the game places them...
i know ive said it before but i really think we should just keep eligibility for starters to what the game reccomends. because to be honest using yahoo eligibility will get really confusing. there is just so many players on the list that qualify at a number of positions and to keep track of all of them will be a pain in the ass. the games eligibility isnt perfect but it's solid and it's very clear. And the game wil still penalize players for playing out of their natural in game position even if yahoo sais they can. so yahoo is not really an accurate representation of the game. if we just stick to the game it will be realistic, add strategy to the draft and promote trades later on. that being said if it is between yahoo rankings and just a hodge podge of players playing wherever, i would much rather go with yahoo. OF too. I really dont want to keep arguing this but it is just one of those things that i know will make the league a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:09 pm

So lets try a new vote just to see where everyone stands.
Please agree or disagree with rule 3. And choose one of the options A-E

Rule 3.) Bench players can come in and play similar positions (middle infielders can play middle infield, corner infielders can play corner infield, outfielders can play outfield, and catcher can play catcher.) Injured players can be replaced by bench players playing similar positions.

A.) Starters are limited to the position the game puts them in. (one position for each starter.)

B.) Starters are limited to only the position yahoo makes them eligible, including outfielders (LF,CF,RF).

C.) Infield Starters are limited to yahoo eligibility, Outfielders can play any Outfield position. (infield starters that qualify on yahoo for outfield eligibility can also play any outfield position)

D.) Infield Starters are limited to the position the game puts them in Outfield starters can play anywhere in the outfield.

E.) Players can play whatever position each individual manager wants.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Rule 3.) Agree
Option A
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Agree

Option A
Back to top Go down
jobac62

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm

agree
option a
Back to top Go down
PlayAtThePlate

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm

agree with rule 3

option e
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 pm

For the sake of the league, I will say

1. Agree

A.

BUT......

I don't have a problem either way, IF THE GAME PENALIZES YOU SUFFICIENTLY FOR THE MOVES YOU MAKE. If someone MUST have Delgado in their lineup but he has to play Center and the game drops his rating big time in ALL CATEGORIES, not just defensive categories, then I say that's the managers decision. But if Delgado still has a 90 Power vs. RHP playing Center then it's not really too fair for the integrity of the league to do that.
Back to top Go down
jerkypatty

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Agree

Option D
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 am

Please agree or disagree with rule 3. And choose one of the options A-E

Rule 3.) Bench players can come in and play similar positions (middle infielders can play middle infield, corner infielders can play corner infield, outfielders can play outfield, and catcher can play catcher.) Injured players can be replaced by bench players playing similar positions.

A.) Starters are limited to the position the game puts them in. (one position for each starter.)

B.) Starters are limited to only the position yahoo makes them eligible, including outfielders (LF,CF,RF).

C.) Infield Starters are limited to yahoo eligibility, Outfielders can play any Outfield position. (infield starters that qualify on yahoo for outfield eligibility can also play any outfield position)

D.) Infield Starters are limited to the position the game puts them in Outfield starters can play anywhere in the outfield.

E.) Players can play whatever position each individual manager wants.

so far...
six people have voted.
all six have voted for rule 3
4 have voted for option A
1 has voted for option D
1 has voted for option E

Thank you to all of the guys who have participated so far. This is going to be the most important decision we make prior to the draft as far as draft strategy is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for the league   Rules for the league - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for the league
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next