Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Draft Date

Go down 
+11
jerkypatty
UltimateAvgGuy
jobac62
CA 123 Kid
Rusty Batch
JoesGonnaKillYou
goldstand22
RobertTheGr8
Patfan100
Who's Cartwright?
DiehardYankee26
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:05 pm

This is where we will have to figure out when we will do the fantasy draft. I would preferably do it on the weekend but whatever works for you guys I can try to adapt. Also, once we fill up we will have the draft so spread the word on the league to all the people you know who are looking for a league.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 pm

I think the weekend would deffinetly be best. The only question is how are we going to get all the players together so the draft wont take 3 days. I think if we all signed up for the same yahoo fantasy league and took the results and put them into our league that would be a fastest way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm

thats a pretty good idea
Back to top Go down
https://mlb2k8league.forumotion.com
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:01 pm

I think that is a great idea but we can do the same thing on 2ksports.com and they will take it directly to the league page and give everyone their team directly from the draft. Everybody needs to weigh in on this because this could be a big issue.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I do have a yahoo address so once everybody fills the league up and gets registered we will have a league vote. Majority wins. Is that okay with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:10 pm

its good with me
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:14 pm

good with me.......but i dont know how to do a draft on the 2k site. but yeah whatever
Back to top Go down
RobertTheGr8

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:00 pm

I have done a draft on yahoo and on 2ksports and they are almost identical. players who dont show up get "the next best player" based on 2k ratings, there is a timer, it goes snake just like yahoo.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm

is it on the 2k website or do you have to go to somewhere else? Where is it if on the 2k site?
Back to top Go down
RobertTheGr8

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:15 pm

http://online.2ksports.com/ ....theres the main page, once you sign in you go to "my leagues" and create league

2k8 is not up yet, but should be soon. the league page is fully customizable, i had banners and logos for my previous leagues, also has its own forum, team rosters, you can propose trades, you know, all that stuff through 2k online, very nice, gives the league a nice feel
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Cool....that sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
goldstand22

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Any day is good for me, just let me know the time.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:32 pm

I registered today at 2ksports.com now we just wait for them to open up MLB 2k8?
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:37 pm

i guess. it probably wont be open 'till the game comes out
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:43 pm

Bummer..... i was hoping that we would be able to do our draft before the game comes out.
Back to top Go down
JoesGonnaKillYou

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:52 am

Gotta keep those vibrations happening.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:15 am

what?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm

I have never done a draft on the 2k8 website but after hearing you guys talk about it, it does sound like the best method. Plus i am not even sure that u can use 30 teams in a yahoo fantasy league, i believe the max is 20.
Also im hoping we can do the draft a few days after the game comes out. Maybe march 8-9 which would be the first weekend after the game is released. My reasonings is everybody should have a chance to see all the stats for each player and also to give everybody time to play the game and figure out what kind of players they are looking for.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:53 pm

yeah. That is what I was just thinking about and the yahoo max is 20 and if it is not it is definitely lower than 30 and since the co-comissioner told me it was almost exactly like yahoo then we can just do that.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Good point about waiting fo rhte game to come out then doing the draft. It is alsways good to see what all the players are ranked. Question........ when we do the draft will it have the player and then thier ranking for the game next to it?
Back to top Go down
CA 123 Kid

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:19 pm

I agree, I think the best way of doing the draft is doing it through 2k8 sports website. The best day for me to do the draft is March 9 (Sunday). Since I do live on the west coast it would be practically impossible for me to get on during the week or on Saturday because I work until 7 P.M. every night (Pacific Standard Time of course).
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:09 pm

wow you work until 7pm six days a week? thats crazy! Im good with suday, i too am on Pacific Time
Back to top Go down
RobertTheGr8

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:42 pm

when you draft on 2k online league page it has the player names and their ratings, also you can sort by best available player or by position
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:46 pm

sunday march 9th would be best for me also. i anticapate the draft being an all day affair. is it possible to shorten the timer to say 30 seconds on the 2k8 website?
Back to top Go down
jobac62

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 am

i agree march 9th is the best day to do it the only question is how long wud it take and when wud we have it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Draft Date Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Draft Date
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next