Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diehardyankee1's 360 MLB League

Teams available

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Draft Date

Go down 
+11
jerkypatty
UltimateAvgGuy
jobac62
CA 123 Kid
Rusty Batch
JoesGonnaKillYou
goldstand22
RobertTheGr8
Patfan100
Who's Cartwright?
DiehardYankee26
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DiehardYankee26

Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 am

I would be happy to do it on a Sunday, but it will take a ton of time. A league on the 2k website with 12 teams took 3 hours and since we have 2 and a half times their number of teams it could easily take 7 and a half hours to complete the draft. This is why if yahoo or any fantasy baseball site has a 30 team league we should just do a draft on that because we could make rankings and have the draft done overnight if we do an autopick draft. So if any of the fantasy sites have a 30 team limit we could just make rankings for an autopick or even a live draft and do it on there because I don't know if anyone will have 7 and a half hours open no matter what time we start it unless we start at like 11:00 Saturday night and we will be done before 7:00 on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Hey everybody. This is an URGENT MESSAGE:

CBS.COM ALLOWS 30 TEAM FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE. WE CAN MAKE EVERYBODY GET A FANTASY TEAM AND DO AN AUTOPICK DRAFT SO THAT WE DONT WASTE HOURS OF OUR LIFE OR WE COULD EVEN DO A LIVE DRAFT AND THE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T BE THERE CAN DO RANKINGS AND GET THEIR TEAM DONE THAT WAY. I WOULD RATHER DO AUTOPICK BECAUSE IT WONT TAKE LONG AT ALL AND WE CAN JUST TRANSFER THE TEAMS OVER TO THE LEAGUE. WE NEED A LEAGUE VOTE:

JUST SAY WHETHER YOU WANT CBS OR 2KSPORTS.COM AND WHETHER YOU WANT LIVE OR AUTO PICK. THANKS. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO WEIGH IN ON THIS.
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:03 pm

I would prefer the 2K website, and the only way it would take 7 hours is if absolutely every team took the whole clock for each pick. What each player has to do is come into the draft with an idea of what they're doing and who they want, and we should be just fine. Personally I think if a draft takes a little time, so what? This is chess to me, not checkers. A good team with strategic picks takes a little time.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:17 pm

i have no interest in doing an auto pick draft. i mean if i am going to play with this team for a 150+ hours during the season, i got no problem doing a seven hour live draft.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I would also like a Live draft. The problem with autopick is what happens if you end up with like 7 outfielders and 4 infielders and no closers. It is to random and you may not fill the positions you need. Is there any way we can drop the time limit from like 1:30 to say 30 seconds a pick?
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Okay. I will do a live draft but we may not be able to do it on a Sunday because people have to go to church.
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Im good with either saturday or sunday. I think we should make a new post and have everyone write if they would rather have it saturday or sunday. Whatever one there is more of.....we go with that. Not everyone is going to make the draft and we just have to accept that. Also.........why hasnt everyone in the leage registered yet. League commish. should get on that.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Who's Cartwright? wrote:
Also.........why hasnt everyone in the leage registered yet. League commish. should get on that.

I can't send everyone a message on Xbox Live until tomorrow cause Fedex came and tried to deliver my newly fixed 360 when nobody was home.
Back to top Go down
UltimateAvgGuy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:04 pm

I can't send everyone a message on Xbox Live until tomorrow cause Fedex came and tried to deliver my newly fixed 360 when nobody was home.[/quote]

I should get a new Box just to ensure I play this whole season out lol.....dam i wanna play baseball!!!
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:58 pm

im good with saturday or sunday
Back to top Go down
https://mlb2k8league.forumotion.com
jerkypatty

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:52 pm

CBS

LIVE DRAFT
Back to top Go down
Krj122

Krj122

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:00 am

Live Draft 100%. Anyday is good for me. Just cut down the allowed draft time for each pick and it should go smooth.
Back to top Go down
Bill23

Bill23

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Live draft but there should be the shortest amount of time between picks or else we will be there all day long.
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:01 pm

so when is this gonna happen?
Back to top Go down
Krj122

Krj122

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 am

Any reason why we cant do the draft before the game comes out? I mean I know who I want and who I dont pretty much already. We can just use the fantasy 2008 updated draft lists to help people. But if not its cool either way.
Back to top Go down
Krj122

Krj122

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 am

use something like this http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/projections?display=alt
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:19 pm

The reason why we are waiting is becasue the game will have different ratings than you would expect for a player. Some players that are decent will be ranked above players that are good. We have no control of thier rankings.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:11 pm

yeah there is probably going to be about 750 players drafted (30 teams 25 rounds). And there has only been about 180 players rated so far. and i hear that those ratings may be incorrect or at least changed when the game comes out. so we wll definately need to wait for the game to come out before we can do the draft. plus i think our season coincides with the real mlb season. so whats the rush?
Back to top Go down
krazzed

krazzed

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Saturdays around noon is best for me, all week long i have to umpire the local little league and Saturday nights i have baseball games that i play in so around noon is best for me on saturdays, and any time on a sunday is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
DiehardYankee26

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 pm

its gonna be sunday most likely
Back to top Go down
RobertTheGr8

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:00 pm

rusty makes a phenominal point, ratings will change, the season is still a month away, not rush the draft, lets do it right the first (and hopefully) only time
Back to top Go down
Rusty Batch

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 pm

there will be only one time. Sunday march 9th sounds like a great day. im going to throw a time out there so hopefully we can nail this down soon. 5:00 pm easterm 2:00pm pacific?
lets try to get the time and day nailed. and either reserve a time on cbs or 2k.
Back to top Go down
krazzed

krazzed

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Rusty Batch wrote:
there will be only one time. Sunday march 9th sounds like a great day. im going to throw a time out there so hopefully we can nail this down soon. 5:00 pm easterm 2:00pm pacific?
lets try to get the time and day nailed. and either reserve a time on cbs or 2k.

the 9th at 5 pm sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Patfan100
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 pm

i like the 9th at 5
Back to top Go down
Who's Cartwright?

Who's Cartwright?

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Im fine with 5pm beacuse im on the west coast......are people on the east coast going to be ok with finishing the draft at possible midnight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Draft Date   Fantasy Draft Date - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Draft Date
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next